What's In A Title?

The blog title is my take on my favourite quote from Stephenie Meyer's Twilight novel, when Bella realises she is in love with vampire Edward. My version is slightly less impressive than that in the book but never the less true:


"About three things I was absolutely positive, first I was an obsessed crafter, second, there was a part of me - and I didn't know how potent that part might be, that thirsted for beautiful craft materials, dies, stamps, papers, cardstock etc, and third, I was unconditionally and irrevocably in love with scrapbooking and cardmaking"







Wednesday 1 June 2011

A Cracking Day

This is the last layout I completed today. I bought the April Bubblegum Hills kit
from Bellaboo which contains papers from Kaisercraft's Lime Twist range. I found it a challenge to do something with the shaped, foiled page as it has lots of detail on it already, the bunny and eggs and flowers etc. I printed off some photos from Easter showing me smashing a huge Easter egg into bits with my pink craft hammer. I cut a circle the same size as the inside of the circle on the page using my Expression cutter then added the photos to it, cutting the edges off so it made a circle shape then cut around one of the eggs on the paper to tuck a photo under. After sticking the photos down I added the ribbon with a bow to hide a bit I bodged when cutting the photos, cut some butterflies from a glitter sheet in the kit and added the title with the incuded chipboard letters. There are still alot of papers and goodies in the kit to do a few more pages and perhaps a few cards.

1 comment:

  1. Love this page Lesley! Fab colours and love how you have managed to use so many photos.

    ReplyDelete