What's In A Title?

The blog title is my take on my favourite quote from Stephenie Meyer's Twilight novel, when Bella realises she is in love with vampire Edward. My version is slightly less impressive than that in the book but never the less true:


"About three things I was absolutely positive, first I was an obsessed crafter, second, there was a part of me - and I didn't know how potent that part might be, that thirsted for beautiful craft materials, dies, stamps, papers, cardstock etc, and third, I was unconditionally and irrevocably in love with scrapbooking and cardmaking"







Sunday 8 January 2012

Your Journey



I have had to hide away in my craft room again today (shame) as hubby has been sanding wood ready for painting so to avoid triggering my asthma I stayed well out of the way, with a lovely tube of smarties and some pop, it was like being a kid again.




I wanted to do something with some Tim Holtz die cuts I bought off of ebay a couple of weeks ago. I like to buy the cuts and see if I like them and if I think I will get alot of use out of them and if so I put the die on my wish list. I love this die so it's on it's way to me in the post at the moment. The papers are Prima Pixie Glen collection which were on offer for about 50p each. I used one sheet of Dartmore and one sheet of Chip a Twitter and added a sheet of white cardstock as the base. I like the papers because one side is made up of lots of smaller sections that I cut up and layered and there were extra bits to tuck away like the postcard. I punched circles from the few bits of leftover paper then cut and rolled them into flowers and added some bling using a Bazzill stitch template. I inked up the Old Jalopy die cut cos it was cut from shiny white cardstock and added that to the bottom of the layout. The photo is of our friends Alan and Sally at their wedding and I converted it to black and white to fit in with the layout.




No comments:

Post a Comment