What's In A Title?

The blog title is my take on my favourite quote from Stephenie Meyer's Twilight novel, when Bella realises she is in love with vampire Edward. My version is slightly less impressive than that in the book but never the less true:


"About three things I was absolutely positive, first I was an obsessed crafter, second, there was a part of me - and I didn't know how potent that part might be, that thirsted for beautiful craft materials, dies, stamps, papers, cardstock etc, and third, I was unconditionally and irrevocably in love with scrapbooking and cardmaking"







Wednesday 24 August 2011

At Low Tide - Scrapping Wednesday



It's Wednesday again, ahhhh I love my day off. Spent most of today messing about in my craft room. Completed the At Low Tide layout using some of the papers in this months kit from Sarah's Cards. The colours seemed to shout out "beach" so I lifted part of a layout from the booklet of layouts that come with the kit, sorry, can't remember which one of the Design Team ladies created the layout, sorry. I found a few shell embellishments and some beach pebbles at the back of a drawers so I inked the shells and added them all to the layout. I also found some starfish embellishments but they were a baby pink colour so I coloured them with rusty red coloured acrylic paint and then inked them a bit with some distress inks. I added some bling and a tag with the date and place the photos was taken, 31/07/11 Hornsea Beach.


The card I made using one of the new Molly Bloom stamps that I bought last week. I love them, they are so cute. It's my mothers birthday at the beginning of September so just for once I am early making her card, usually it's a last minute scramble to get it finished. Shame I haven't done the same with my brother's birthday card cos that's a couple of days before my mother's and I haven't started it yet - oops!




No comments:

Post a Comment