What's In A Title?

The blog title is my take on my favourite quote from Stephenie Meyer's Twilight novel, when Bella realises she is in love with vampire Edward. My version is slightly less impressive than that in the book but never the less true:


"About three things I was absolutely positive, first I was an obsessed crafter, second, there was a part of me - and I didn't know how potent that part might be, that thirsted for beautiful craft materials, dies, stamps, papers, cardstock etc, and third, I was unconditionally and irrevocably in love with scrapbooking and cardmaking"







Thursday 4 August 2011

A Bit of Nature

I think this is a first for me, I think all my layouts have people in them, this is possibly the first with just a bit of nature in it. The papers are Bo Bunny Vicki B that I bought in a recent on-line sale. I wanted to use this scolloped page but alot of the flowers in the pattern were pink and my wildflower is more of a lilac colour so I coloured the pink bits with a lilac pro marker and I think it looks better now. The flowers are made from lengths of ribbon with a running stitch through them which was then pulled tight and a brad added to the middle. I've put a journalling card behind the photo but it's on a brad so it swings out. The photo is one I took last week in Hornsea when I took my camera out to try take some photos using what I learnt from the fantastic Kirsty Wiseman photography class the weekend before. I had a great day snapping beach scenes, flowers, bunting, boats, sheep, you name it I snapped it, poor hubby just tagged along carrying my camera bag, bless him. The flower has a bee or similar on it and it you look closely you can see it's big eye which gives it's face an almost cartoon-like appearance. I am not one to normally shove my face near anything with a buzz and a sting but I like the effect of this one so it was worth it. The photo of the layout was taken indoors on my little compact camera cos once again Summer has vanished and it's chucking it down so the lighting is a bit on the poor side.



1 comment: