What's In A Title?

The blog title is my take on my favourite quote from Stephenie Meyer's Twilight novel, when Bella realises she is in love with vampire Edward. My version is slightly less impressive than that in the book but never the less true:


"About three things I was absolutely positive, first I was an obsessed crafter, second, there was a part of me - and I didn't know how potent that part might be, that thirsted for beautiful craft materials, dies, stamps, papers, cardstock etc, and third, I was unconditionally and irrevocably in love with scrapbooking and cardmaking"







Sunday 8 April 2012

Heart Card


I saw this type of card in a cardmaking magazine in February and bought the magazine just for the instructions on making the base of the card. The one in the magazine had flowers and butterflies embellishing it but after purchasing two heart themed punches from Stampin' Up! I thought I'd make a heart one for my mother in law for Mother's Day. The lovely Julie, a fellow demonstrator, made a gorgeous version of this card with plain cardstock (crumb cake I think) and a few hearts but I wanted to decorate mine with papers and go really mad, overloading it with the heart embellishments. I used white cardstock for the base card and Stampin' Up!'s Everyday Enchantment Designer Papers mounted onto some red cardstock for the embellishments with the papers used to line the front facing sections of the card. The card was so chunky with all the heart embellishments and ribbon bow on it that I had to make a box to put it in so I used the same papers and a heart embellishment. My mother in law loved it and has kept it out as she said it was too pretty to put away.

6 comments:

  1. This is just beautiful Lesley, what a lovely daughter-in-law you are :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thanks ladies, didn't know anyone ever read my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen it in the flesh and it is stunning, so much work in it and patience, well done lesley, it's fab :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this card, you've reminded me I want to have a go at making one.

    ReplyDelete