What's In A Title?

The blog title is my take on my favourite quote from Stephenie Meyer's Twilight novel, when Bella realises she is in love with vampire Edward. My version is slightly less impressive than that in the book but never the less true:


"About three things I was absolutely positive, first I was an obsessed crafter, second, there was a part of me - and I didn't know how potent that part might be, that thirsted for beautiful craft materials, dies, stamps, papers, cardstock etc, and third, I was unconditionally and irrevocably in love with scrapbooking and cardmaking"







Tuesday 9 July 2013

Scrap Whispers - Cool Dude

In May I took part in a scrap lift challenge over on www.scrapwhispers.com.  The challenge is based on the old Chinese Whispers game and you ask to join, get allocated to a team and pick a week from a list to be the week you do your scrap lift layout.  Your allocated team leader sends you an email just before its your allotted week, or earlier if the person before you finishes early and this email contains the layout created by the person before you in the challenge.  You then have to create your own layout lifting the design from the previous persons layout but using your own photos and papers etc.  When you have finished, you email a photo of your layout back to your team leader and she forwards it to the next person on the list.  You haven't to post your layout anywhere until the challenge is up a couple of months later and all the layouts are revealed, showing how the layouts change as they pass from person to person.  Fascinating to see how much the final layout for each team varies from the starting layout.

This was my submission and after completing it it went off to my friend as the final page in her son's first year baby album.

No comments:

Post a Comment