What's In A Title?

The blog title is my take on my favourite quote from Stephenie Meyer's Twilight novel, when Bella realises she is in love with vampire Edward. My version is slightly less impressive than that in the book but never the less true:


"About three things I was absolutely positive, first I was an obsessed crafter, second, there was a part of me - and I didn't know how potent that part might be, that thirsted for beautiful craft materials, dies, stamps, papers, cardstock etc, and third, I was unconditionally and irrevocably in love with scrapbooking and cardmaking"







Sunday 30 October 2011

A Touch of Frost and Cute As A Jenson



Still trying to use up all the bits of paper left over from Emma Trout's One Wish kit, the top layout is made up of lot of the scraps and although you can't tell from the layout, many of the strips of paper are tiny and only just hide behind the surrounding papers. The photo is of my daughter's best friend Maddi, at that Blackpool waxworks again. I've done some journalling and tucked it away on a tag on the right hand side of the photo. I decided not to go mad with the embellishments on this layout as the last few and the next one are embellishment heavy so I wanted a cleaner look. Decided to use some really old, clear, plastic snowflake embellisments from Heidi Swapp as masks to spray with some glimmer mist. I've added one of the snowflakes to the layout with a brad and used some old thickers for the title. Still got lots more scraps left, think I can get at least one more layout out of it.


The second layout was an excuse to gaze at the gorgeous Mr Jenson Button, my gorgeous F1 motor racing hero (who came 2nd in the first Indian Grand Prix today) and also to have a good play with the new Martha Stewart double embossing button punch. I bought this punch from an ebayer in the USA as I couldn't seem to find any over this side of the pond. The papers were part of a kit I bought a few months back and the temperature gauges and the stars seemed to go with the Jenson theme. I think I might have gotten a little bit giddy punching the buttons but I enjoyed playing with my new punch and that's what it is all about.



2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous pages Lesley and I am SO impressed with how many pages you have made from that kit!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rachael, still a few scraps left yet.

    ReplyDelete