What's In A Title?

The blog title is my take on my favourite quote from Stephenie Meyer's Twilight novel, when Bella realises she is in love with vampire Edward. My version is slightly less impressive than that in the book but never the less true:


"About three things I was absolutely positive, first I was an obsessed crafter, second, there was a part of me - and I didn't know how potent that part might be, that thirsted for beautiful craft materials, dies, stamps, papers, cardstock etc, and third, I was unconditionally and irrevocably in love with scrapbooking and cardmaking"







Friday 18 May 2012

Anniversary Card


Caroline, Kathy, Theresa and myself went to a colouring class at Lili of The Valley in Leeds a couple of weeks ago and spent an hour learning colouring and shading from the wonderful Bev Rochester.  I've been buying and colouring L.O.T.V. images for years so I was amazed how much I learnt about colouring.  I thought the class would just improve  what I already did but it was like starting from scratch.  We coloured with Pro-markers, blending colours almost seamlessly then used Prismacolour pencils to add highlights or lowlights to hair and clothing.  I loved it and can't wait for them to do another open weekend with classes so that I can do the 3 hour advanced class.  Whilst we were at the class we were offered 10% discount on any purchases so of course I had to buy one or two or fourteen of their stamps to practise with, well it would have been rude not to!  They also had a small selection of pro-markers so I bought a few more to add to my collection.  I have about one hundred L.O.T.V. stamps now, I love them all and they get lots of use. 

The anniversary card above I made over a few days, I stamped it one day, coloured it the next, glitter glued it the next and then made it into a card today.  I used some patterned papers from my stash, I think it's Kaisercraft and Stampin' Up! crumb cake card stock.  The text is from the Marry Me stamp set from Stampin' Up!  I used a Nestability die to cut the scalloped square and a tiny circle punch to punch white, pink and rose circles which I then cut into spirals and rolled up to make the flowers, the base of the flowers I punched using the Stampin' Up! Boho Blossom punch.  I added a little piece of self-adhesive lace which I rubbed a crumb cake ink pad over to make it look a little less white and a little more like antique lace.  Hope my friends like the card, I have considered buying them one and keeping this but I have already hinted I have made them one.

2 comments:

  1. Lesley this is gorgeous and fabulous colouring in - I am in awe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate, the colouring class definately paid off I think.

      Delete