What's In A Title?

The blog title is my take on my favourite quote from Stephenie Meyer's Twilight novel, when Bella realises she is in love with vampire Edward. My version is slightly less impressive than that in the book but never the less true:


"About three things I was absolutely positive, first I was an obsessed crafter, second, there was a part of me - and I didn't know how potent that part might be, that thirsted for beautiful craft materials, dies, stamps, papers, cardstock etc, and third, I was unconditionally and irrevocably in love with scrapbooking and cardmaking"







Sunday 24 November 2013

Christmas Money Gift Wallet




 
My friend Sally asked me if I would make her a couple of gift wallets to put some money in for some relatives for Christmas so never one to dodge a challenge I set to with my ruler and made these two cash wallets.  I cut the width of the card to about 6.5 inches, which is just slightly wider than a £20 note, allowing for some thin, red line tape down each edge and I cut the length to 10.5 inches.  I scored down the 10.5 inch length at 3.5 inch and 7 inch so that I had two sections at 3.5 inch and one 3 1/4 inch section for the pocket and then I folded the two outer sections into the middle and ran my bone folder down the edges to make them crisp.  On the  3 1/4 inch section I marked 1 inch up from the fold on the left hand edge and then put the piece into my guilloteen and cut from the 1 inch mark on the left to the top right corner so it cut the piece at an angle.  I added the red line tape to both edges of this cut piece and stuck it down to make a pocket then set to decorating the front of the wallet and the front flap of the pocket section.
 
For the decoration I used some scraps of Christmas papers and odds of ribbon from my stash and I used two Lili of the Valley stamped images which I coloured with Pro-Markers.  I added a greeting tag to the ribbon, the little tag stamp is also from Lili of the Valley and on the inside of each wallet I used another stamped image from one of the James the Bear stamps from Lili of the Valley, but I just used the sign, not the bear part.  I added lots of glitter glue and some cash, for display purposes only. I really must remember to remove that before I hand them over.  I used my WRMK Envelope Punch Board to make envelopes for the gift wallets and put some Lick N Stick on the open flaps of the envelopes to Sally can seal the envelopes if she wishes.  Done, next challenge please!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment