What's In A Title?

The blog title is my take on my favourite quote from Stephenie Meyer's Twilight novel, when Bella realises she is in love with vampire Edward. My version is slightly less impressive than that in the book but never the less true:


"About three things I was absolutely positive, first I was an obsessed crafter, second, there was a part of me - and I didn't know how potent that part might be, that thirsted for beautiful craft materials, dies, stamps, papers, cardstock etc, and third, I was unconditionally and irrevocably in love with scrapbooking and cardmaking"







Friday 8 November 2013

File Folder Christmas Ideas

It's my regular day off today and I usually sleep in till about 9 am but not today.  Far too many crafting ideas going around in my head for that so I was up and working away in my craft room by 6.30 am.  Last night, whilst browsing through Pinterest I came across a post with measurements for a variety of file folder cards made using the Envelope Punch Board and you can find this at http://www.debbiesdesignsblog.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/file-folder-cards.html.
I used Debbie's  measurements to make the bases for this gatefold card and gift card.  I added a matching card blank to the back of the gift card so I could put a greeting inside and so it would stand up.  Then I went to town decorating them.  

The gift card I have decorated with papers from Lili of the Valley's Classic Christmas 8" x 8" paper pad, which I inked before sticking down.  The stamp is another stunner from Lili of the Valley, called Penguin Presents which I coloured with pro markers and attached to the card with foam pads on the bottom half of the image only so that the gift voucher (or cash) would slide easily into the pocket.  I added some polka dot ribbon from my stash and a little glitter glue and the greeting, which was from a My Minds Eye sticker sheet.

The gatefold card I decorated with some leftover scraps of paper and a sticker from My Minds Eye's Winter Wonderland range, all of which I inked first.  I added some polka dot ribbon from my stash and added a couple of bell beads to the ribbon.  The round Happy Holidays sticker I mounted on cardstock then used a Martha Stewart punch to cut out snow flakes which I stuck behind the circle the mounted it on the card.  To finish I stamped and coloured the image using the stunning Christmas Goodies stamp from Lili of The Valley and pro markers, adding a little crystal Glamour Dust to the trims on the girls hat, collar and cuffs.  







No comments:

Post a Comment