What's In A Title?

The blog title is my take on my favourite quote from Stephenie Meyer's Twilight novel, when Bella realises she is in love with vampire Edward. My version is slightly less impressive than that in the book but never the less true:


"About three things I was absolutely positive, first I was an obsessed crafter, second, there was a part of me - and I didn't know how potent that part might be, that thirsted for beautiful craft materials, dies, stamps, papers, cardstock etc, and third, I was unconditionally and irrevocably in love with scrapbooking and cardmaking"







Wednesday 7 April 2021

A New Home Card


 

Here is another project I made using digital cutting files and my Scan n Cut machine.  This time the cutting files were purchased from the Birds Cards website, the file is called Bird House and I cut all of the pieces at 140% to make a larger card.  I cut the shaped card base from 12 x 12 300 gsm pearl cardstock and  used pink and blue cardstock for the house and roof and I inked around all the panels in a corresponding ink.  The main blue house panel I embossed using one of Lisa Horton’s amazing 3D embossing folders, called Weave and added it to the card base then layered up the roof panels to give a 3D effect.  The circle that was cut out from the blue panel as part of the cutting file I flipped over to show the lighter blue colour on the other side and added a sentiment cut from black cardstock.  I stuck the circle inside the aperture on foam pads.  The flamingo is a cutting file on the Scan and Cut and I cut it out using scraps of leftover card, inked the pink edges and wing and added a googley eye.  The small flowers are shop bought and attached them to my card front with my hot glue gun.

This card was requested by my daughter to give to her best friend when she moves into her new house shortly.   I hope she likes it.

No comments:

Post a Comment