What's In A Title?

The blog title is my take on my favourite quote from Stephenie Meyer's Twilight novel, when Bella realises she is in love with vampire Edward. My version is slightly less impressive than that in the book but never the less true:


"About three things I was absolutely positive, first I was an obsessed crafter, second, there was a part of me - and I didn't know how potent that part might be, that thirsted for beautiful craft materials, dies, stamps, papers, cardstock etc, and third, I was unconditionally and irrevocably in love with scrapbooking and cardmaking"







Sunday 11 April 2021

Going Floral with Lisa Horton’s 3D Embossing Folders




I’m a huge fan of all things Lisa Horton, including her fabulous 3D embossing folders.  This card was made using one of her latest releases, the Roses 6” x 6” 3D Embossing Folder and Complimentary Outline Die set.  The idea is that you use the die to cut out a rose from paper or card then pop it in the embossing folder in the area indicated on the packaging (which I marked with a pen on the outside of the folder), run the folder through your die cutting machine and the die cut comes out with a superb 3D embossed effect.  

For this card I inked the embossed rose die cut with some pink Distress Oxide ink.  I then embossed a  piece of white card in the embossing folder to make a rose background and I lightly ran the pink oxide ink around the outer edges to give it a little colour.  I used the same ink to colour a plain piece of white card stock, just around the visible edges then stuck this to a blank white card base.  I added the embossed panel on the top and added the embossed rose die cut to the corner of the card using some 3D glue gel.  I used another of Lisa’s new folders, the Variegated Leaf 3D Embossing Folder and Complimentary Die set to cut and emboss 3 leaves which I coloured with Distress Oxide ink and added it to the card with 3D glue gel.

The sentiment is from another of Lisa’s stamp and die sets, called Hellianthus Cluster.  I stamped using Crafters Companion’s quick dry Fuchsia ink then used the corresponding die to cut out the sentiment and add it to the card again with 3D glue Gel.  The bee I found on my desk from a previous project.

No comments:

Post a Comment