What's In A Title?

The blog title is my take on my favourite quote from Stephenie Meyer's Twilight novel, when Bella realises she is in love with vampire Edward. My version is slightly less impressive than that in the book but never the less true:


"About three things I was absolutely positive, first I was an obsessed crafter, second, there was a part of me - and I didn't know how potent that part might be, that thirsted for beautiful craft materials, dies, stamps, papers, cardstock etc, and third, I was unconditionally and irrevocably in love with scrapbooking and cardmaking"







Sunday 4 April 2021

Chic Chick Treat Box



 




Oh my goodness, how cute is this little chick box?  I made this over the weekend using my scan and cut and SVG files from Dreaming Tree’s Chic Chick Treat Box file.  This was part of an Easter themed collection given away during March if you spent 10 dollars or more on their website - www.3dsvg.com.  The other items in the free collection were a gorgeous tulip card and a carrot bunny house.  The designers of these products are amazingly creative and the craft along videos are brilliant.

I started making this around midnight, laid in bed, wide awake with the card and paper pieces cut earlier in the day.  I’ve never crafted laid flat on my back, with my iPad on my knees before and I probably won’t be doing it again as I got glue everywhere!  

I planned to fill the box with some cute mini Toblerone chocolates my mother in law gave me for Easter but I appear to have eaten most of them so I’ve left it empty and put it on display in my lounge.

No comments:

Post a Comment