What's In A Title?

The blog title is my take on my favourite quote from Stephenie Meyer's Twilight novel, when Bella realises she is in love with vampire Edward. My version is slightly less impressive than that in the book but never the less true:


"About three things I was absolutely positive, first I was an obsessed crafter, second, there was a part of me - and I didn't know how potent that part might be, that thirsted for beautiful craft materials, dies, stamps, papers, cardstock etc, and third, I was unconditionally and irrevocably in love with scrapbooking and cardmaking"







Wednesday 20 July 2011

Happy Together





Been working on this for weeks, the basic design, the circle and the spiked cut outs are a lift from the Fancy Pants gallery and was done by a talented lady called Guisppa Gubler. Once I'd got the circle cut and the pattered papers and cardstock stuck down I couldn't decide what to do with it next so it has just been laying about in my craft room, waiting for me to spill Pepsi Max or some ink on it. A couple of days ago I bought the Tim Holtz Tattered Rose Sizzix die and thought I'd have a play at making some grungy flowers, so I made three using that die and another Sizzix one with two flowers on and a few similar but smaller punches. Of course none of my current layouts would be complete without tons of butterflies, well five anyway, I don't seem to be able to scrap without them at the moment.






I wish the sun would come back, trying to photograph layouts when it's grey and overcast is not good, if you stick the flash on it washes out the image, if you don't it comes out looking dark and flat. Caroline, Kathy, myself and another lady are doing a class at the weekend with Kirsty Wiseman where she is going to attempt to get us away from the Automatic setting on our DSLRs and using them more like a pro, that should be a laugh. Hopefully we won't get stabbed or mugged as we wander around Leeds looking for interesting things to photograph.



3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous page Lesley, really like the border for the circle. Hope you have a great time at the weekend, I would love to do a photography class with Kirsty, you will have to pass on your knowledge when I see you in September! :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rachael. I'm sure Kirsty will give you some tips in September, she showed me how to do lots of things with my camera in the evening after the April scrapstars retreat, bit of a taster and made me want to learn more, what a saleswoman!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome layout girl. Well done.
    Have a nice day jolanda

    ReplyDelete