What's In A Title?

The blog title is my take on my favourite quote from Stephenie Meyer's Twilight novel, when Bella realises she is in love with vampire Edward. My version is slightly less impressive than that in the book but never the less true:


"About three things I was absolutely positive, first I was an obsessed crafter, second, there was a part of me - and I didn't know how potent that part might be, that thirsted for beautiful craft materials, dies, stamps, papers, cardstock etc, and third, I was unconditionally and irrevocably in love with scrapbooking and cardmaking"







Thursday 14 July 2011

Prom Girls

I haven't scrapped or blogged for ages so I put this layout together today showing my daughter on the left and her best friend just before they went to their end of 6th Form prom last month. The layout started as a scraplift of a Websters Pages layout by the super talented Rachael Elliott but went off at a bit of a tangent. I wanted to try out making lollipop flowers and yoyo flowers after seeing them being made on YouTube so I set about cutting up some silky cream cami-tops that I haven't fit into for years and also some black netting that once lived on the bottom of a dress my daughter bought then butchered cos the netting was itchy. The red material is from a sample swatch pack a friend was given when choosing linen for her wedding reception. As usual I went a bit mad with the butterflies, well when you pay alot for punches you need to get your money's worth. I used a red Promarker to colour some clear bling and used a Bazzill gem template to place them.


2 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Lesley! I love the colours you have used and your flower is great!

    ReplyDelete