What's In A Title?

The blog title is my take on my favourite quote from Stephenie Meyer's Twilight novel, when Bella realises she is in love with vampire Edward. My version is slightly less impressive than that in the book but never the less true:


"About three things I was absolutely positive, first I was an obsessed crafter, second, there was a part of me - and I didn't know how potent that part might be, that thirsted for beautiful craft materials, dies, stamps, papers, cardstock etc, and third, I was unconditionally and irrevocably in love with scrapbooking and cardmaking"







Thursday 21 July 2011

You Did What?

You did what? I don't know if you can see the journalling but it says " I told Louise she couldn't have a tattoo. The next day she left the house with brown hair and came back like this!" I think my 18 year old thought she could shock me, I just said "nice hair" and left it at that. The papers are 3 Bugs in a Rug and I believe they are from the Lazy Summer range. I bought three odd sheets in a sale and managed to make this layout and two birthday cards using up the left overs. Because Louise's hair is reddy pink the colours matched nicely. The flowers on the left are cut using the new 3D Fringed Flower from Sizzix, I tried 3 different effects including curling the petals, simple layers one of each in three sizes and thick layers using three of each size layed on top of each other. The mushrooms on the page are hand cut and I've shoved some foam tabs behind a few of them to give a layered look. The butterflies were cut from a sheet of glitter butterflies in Bellaboo's Bubblegum Hills monthly kit. The papers in the kit were by Kaisercraft.

I found out today that Bellaboo is going to be attending Scrapstars Retreat in Leeds in September, I believe it's only 9 weeks away but the excitement is mounting. It will be lovely to actually meet Kate in person and get to buy some of her stunning range.

3 comments:

  1. Oh... Lesley this is awesome. I Love the picture and the beautifull flowers you made by hand.
    Yup it was no trick that cake was huge. It was so much that I needed a doggy bag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just one doggy bag - it was gigantic?!!!!! Thanks for your comments on my layout and flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this page, just perfect with your daughters hair

    ReplyDelete