What's In A Title?

The blog title is my take on my favourite quote from Stephenie Meyer's Twilight novel, when Bella realises she is in love with vampire Edward. My version is slightly less impressive than that in the book but never the less true:


"About three things I was absolutely positive, first I was an obsessed crafter, second, there was a part of me - and I didn't know how potent that part might be, that thirsted for beautiful craft materials, dies, stamps, papers, cardstock etc, and third, I was unconditionally and irrevocably in love with scrapbooking and cardmaking"







Wednesday 27 April 2011

Adore, Love, Cherish



I have a few blogs that I like to look around each day, one of my favourites is Elliott Mess, elliottmess.blogspot.com the blog of Rachael Elliott who is one of my favourite scrappers, her work is fabulous. Caroline and I went to a retreat at the beginning of March where Rachael taught one of the classes and it was fantastic. Caroline is a HUGE fan of Rachael's work and has had a scraplift of one of her layouts published recently in Scrapbook Magazine. At the retreat the first person to approach our table in the crop room and welcome us was Rachael. Caroline was like a big kid at Christmas, I don't think I have seen her smile so much. Anyway, earlier this week I was having a browse and saw that Rachael had done some fabulous layouts using some of the Ladies and Gents papers from Websters Pages. She had cut out a long strip of clocks/pockets watches then cut out flowers and created an amazing page. I never really do scrap lifts, I prefer to just sit down with a pile of papers and embellishments and try to get creative myself but after seeing Racheal's layouts I was straight on the web, browsing craft shops for some Websters Pages papers. I bought some of the Ladies and Gents papers and two 6" x 6" packs of their Ladies and Gents, Trendsetters, Spring Market, Yacht Club and Country Estate papers. My box of goodies arrived from A Trip Down Memory Lane this morning and they had very kindly thrown in some free ribbons in the same colours as the papers which I thought was fantastic as I used some of them in my layout. Hubby and I rarely have photos taken together so I had to dig around to find one from January 2007, which luckily has us wearing clothing that actually matches the colours in the papers but I could only find a single photo of Phil with people around him so I cut him out, not something I usually do but I was feeling a bit lazy. The layout above is my scraplift of Rachael's layout, it isn't a patch on hers but I enjoyed myself thoroughly putting it together and I love it so that is what counts.

2 comments:

  1. Aw Lesley it is absolutely gorgeous, I love the little ribbons on the pocket watches. I am so flattered that you wanted to lift this page and thank you for your lovely comments.
    Don't you just love Websters Pages, I have just ordered Country Estate and Yacht Club. Can't wait to start playing!
    Take care
    Rachael
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rachael, I love that the ribbons were thrown in free with the papers, a very kind extra touch from A Trip Down Memory Lane. Caroline is probably gonna kill me for gushing about her being a huge fan but hey, that's what friends are for!! I have ordered the 6 x 6 packs of 5 of the Websters Pages sets, love that you get all the papers and can still make a 12 x 12 layout, might need my glasses for the cutting out though. Thanks for leaving a comment.
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete