What's In A Title?

The blog title is my take on my favourite quote from Stephenie Meyer's Twilight novel, when Bella realises she is in love with vampire Edward. My version is slightly less impressive than that in the book but never the less true:


"About three things I was absolutely positive, first I was an obsessed crafter, second, there was a part of me - and I didn't know how potent that part might be, that thirsted for beautiful craft materials, dies, stamps, papers, cardstock etc, and third, I was unconditionally and irrevocably in love with scrapbooking and cardmaking"







Tuesday 26 April 2011

Quik Pod













When I attended a retreat a few months back, one of the lovely ladies, Debs R, had an extending mono pod type thing that she attached her compact camera to and it enabled her to take photos of her and her Dad on holiday, with both of them in the photos instead of one holding the camera and the other being in the photo. I loved it and today mine arrived - yay! The extending rod is 18" long and the pro one comes with a tiny mirror on the end, just under where the camera is attached so you can actually see what the camera is pointing at, a mini table top tripod that you can use on it's own or which screws into the bottom of the Quik Pod to make a tall tripod and also a neat little carry bag for the Quik Pod and the mini tripod. I can't praise it enough, you get group photos with you actually in them, you can take photos over people's heads at concerts and even photograph your pets without having to kneel or lay down on the floor to get to their level. To show my hubby what it could do I shoved on a silly hat and took some daft photos of myself to prove that you don't have that "my arm is stretched out" look that you do when you try photograph yourself normally. I got mine from someone on Amazon and with postage it was about £22 - bargain! I can't wait for our trip to London to get lots of photos of Phil and myself in front of the landmarks as a couple.














1 comment:

  1. Hi Lesley, thanks for the comment on my blog, I am flattered that you would want to lift the page. I would love to see what you create. Those papers really are just gorgeous!
    Hope you have a lovely time in London.

    ReplyDelete