What's In A Title?

The blog title is my take on my favourite quote from Stephenie Meyer's Twilight novel, when Bella realises she is in love with vampire Edward. My version is slightly less impressive than that in the book but never the less true:


"About three things I was absolutely positive, first I was an obsessed crafter, second, there was a part of me - and I didn't know how potent that part might be, that thirsted for beautiful craft materials, dies, stamps, papers, cardstock etc, and third, I was unconditionally and irrevocably in love with scrapbooking and cardmaking"







Saturday 16 April 2011




I seem to have been swamped this week with orders for cards from my colleagues at work. It might have something to do with me typing up a new birthday list which before was just a list of names and dates but is now in monthly sections so people know how many birthday cards they need for the month. There are about 25 of us in my department at work and everyone gets you a birthday card on your birthday so you should get 24 cards, which usually impresses my hubby when he compares his half a dozen cards each birthday with my 30 or so cards. Today I have made a birthday card for my father in law's birthday using a pre-coloured image from Lili of the Valley and some scraps of left over paper and cardstock. I also made an Easter card for my in laws using a pre-coloured Warren (the bunny) image from Craftwork Cards and some leftover scraps of paper and cardstock and I made a birthday card for one of my friends using some lovely flowers that I bought at GNPE at Harrogate last month. The Easter card I made using the design from the Craftwork Cards class at GNPE last month, taught by Julie Hickey who was lovely.


I really need to do some scrapbooking but I don't seem to have much time at the moment to sit down and scrap, at least card making is not very time consuming and I can have a card made in under ten minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment