What's In A Title?

The blog title is my take on my favourite quote from Stephenie Meyer's Twilight novel, when Bella realises she is in love with vampire Edward. My version is slightly less impressive than that in the book but never the less true:


"About three things I was absolutely positive, first I was an obsessed crafter, second, there was a part of me - and I didn't know how potent that part might be, that thirsted for beautiful craft materials, dies, stamps, papers, cardstock etc, and third, I was unconditionally and irrevocably in love with scrapbooking and cardmaking"







Friday 29 April 2011

Royal Wedding Day








Yep, today was the wedding of Prince William to Kate Middleton. I am not a royalist and had no intention of watching the wedding but I found myself getting up early (ish) and sitting in front of the TV watching the coverage from about 9.30am, with a tray of scrapbooking stash and some papers from Websters Pages. By the end of the wedding I had finished this layout, which started off life as another scraplift from a Rachael Elliott design, but in miniture as I am too tight to buy the full size papers so used a pack of 6" x 6" Ladies and Gents papers instead. Over the period of time it took Wills and Kate to get married the layout had gone from a miniture scraplift to a 12" x 12" layout in its own right, much different from what I intended originally. When I had finished I turned on my laptop to look for a photo to go on the layout and as soon as it loaded up this photo of the happy couple on their way to Bucks Palace popped up so I printed it off and added it to the layout. The photo wasn't credited so I can't credit the photographer but whoever you are, thanks, nice photo.

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous page Lesley, smaller papers work really well. Lovely photo, hadn't thought about scrapping the wedding but might well have a go now! I am really looking forward to September, so excited!

    ReplyDelete